Is Your Contact Center Truly Redundant?

Posted by Guillaume Seynhaeve on Mar 24, 2014 1:30:00 AM

Over the weekend, the weather finally changed, with temperatures in the high 60’s on Saturday.  It’s not something I generally get excited about, but after this year’s brutal winter I took advantage of the break from the cold to go on a long run with friends.  It was on this run that someone asked me, “How is it that my home phone never goes down but that a number for one of Ashburn’s biggest data centers can, and recently did, with only a busy tone for those trying to get through?” 

Knowing what I do for a living, he went on to explain that one of the employees at the data center had been fired and chosen to turn off the switches before walking out, which brought the whole center to a standstill.  In fact, not only was he able to bring down all of the managed hosted services, but the VOIP-based PBX system was also shutoff, which prevented the entire support staff from making or receiving calls.   To make matters worse, every client who tried to call customer support heard nothing but a busy tone.  Doesn’t help when one of those clients is the state government.

Read More

Topics: fully redundant software, contact center software, call center, call center scalability, 360 view, call center software features, call center software, cloud based call center, technical support, cloud customer service, redundant systems, customer support, scalability, fault tolerance, service delivery, IVR technology, VOIP

CEO Thoughts: Hate maintenance windows? So do we.

Posted by Guillaume Seynhaeve on Mar 3, 2014 10:45:00 AM

I am working with a mortgage broker to refinance my home. The mortgage broker uses a number of tools to communicate with his clients and seems to be pretty tech savvy. I found out that he uses Salesforce.com because he invited me to communicate with him using Chatter.

Read More

Topics: cloud based contact center, outbound, crm integration, cloud based solution, 360 view, call center software features, blended contact center software, contact center, contact center solution, call center software, cloud customer support, cloud customer service, small business solution, cloud call center, customer support, best business practices, scalability, SaaS, VOIP

Amar's Alley: The Battle Between Contact Centers and Answering Machines

Posted by Guillaume Seynhaeve on Feb 24, 2014 9:40:00 AM

“Hi! you have reached blah blah blah, please leave your name and number and I will get back to you." Familiar? It should be….these words likely echo in your ears at some point everyday! Correction…this probably happens to you on almost every call! 

Allow me to provide you with an outside perspective from a member of the “old guard” (let’s just leave my age at that), who always jumps to answer a call, regardless of what’s going on and even if the number is unknown.  In my younger days, we would run across the office floor, or down the flight of stairs at home to pick-up the phone, because we were taught that if a device rings, it's for a reason.  Today, I am intrigued by how often I come across that same old message, “Hi! You have reached (blah blah blah blah), please leave your name…"

Read More

Topics: cloud based contact center, call center, crm integration, custom crm integration, 360 view, call center software features, contact center solution, call center software, cloud call center, customer support, best business practices, call blast, employee retention, scalability

Emails Ahoy! Making the Most of Your Multichannel Contact Center

Posted by Madeleine Coe on Aug 27, 2013 2:00:00 PM

Coming off of a brief beach vacation from work, I’m feeling pretty nautical. Of course, now that I’m back at my desk, I feel flooded by the tide of emails that have come into my inbox.

Read More

Topics: 360 view, contact channels, call center software features, multichannel contact center, multichannel call center, email

Virtual Currency and the Call Center

Posted by Madeleine Coe on Aug 22, 2013 2:00:00 PM

I’ve been interested with the concept of the bitcoin since it began surfacing in the media recently. I caught wind of this article about the Winklevoss twins (or Winklevii, if you prefer) getting involved with funding for bitcoins at the beginning of the summer.

Read More

Topics: customer service, call center scalability, 360 view, multichannel contact center, call center software, technology, cloud call center, voip crm integrated contact center

Why Contact Center, Not Call Center?

Posted by Madeleine Coe on Jul 16, 2013 2:00:00 PM

In the past few years, you may have noticed a change in the telecom industry. Contact center has replaced call center in industry jargon when discussing the type of business you run. Why? Because the customer of today wants to experience customer service that makes them feel special, but they want to be able to do it on their own time.

Read More

Topics: call center, 360 view, contact channels, contact center, social media, call blast, voice, chat, text

Posts by Topic

See all